One of the best ways to get the most out of your school day (or work day!) is to get plenty of rest the night before. And with the first day of school jitters that is often much easier said than done.
Of course, a regular night-time routine is helpful. Here are a few non-oil related tips:
- Give yourself 60-90 minutes off of your screens (phone and computer) to give yourself down time before bed. (We highly recommend turning them all the way off so you aren’t tempted to jump back on them!) Encourage your children to do homework earlier in the evening so they can get a break before bed, too.
- Our best sleep is before midnight so if you want to maximize your rest, get to bed early and wake up early. We get a “second wind” around 10pm. This extra energy comes from engaging the adrenals and pumping up adrenaline. Getting yourself into rest mode before that second wind kicks in helps you stay more relaxed for sleep.
- Have a regular bedtime routine that helps your mind know sleep is coming.
We are creatures of habit. The more habitual bedtime habits become, the better sleep you will get! Helping our children start early with a bed time routine is a powerful step toward helping them to have a lifetime of fabulous sleep.
Yep, #TheresAnOilForThat! Here are a couple of oils we enjoy to help us get the most out of the our evening rest:
- Valor (or Valor II): on your feet or in diffuser can help build the courage and calm the jitters.
- AromaEase: can help handle occasional stress.
- Peace & Calming (and Peace & Calming II): Engenders a general sense of ease.
- Stress Away: Lovely aroma that can calm nerves.
Make your own linen spray to use on you pillow and sheets at night.
- 2 oz. Spray Bottle
- Distilled Water
- 5 drops of Oil of Choice (or mix and match)
Shake well before each use.
Want to enjoy our entire series for Back to School posts?
- First post: Wake Me Up Spray
- Second post: Breakfast for Academic Champions
- Third post: Great Start to Your Day Protocol
- Fourth post: Thieves
- Fifth post: Emotional Support
- Sixth post: Energy and Focus
- Seventh post: Studying