(Please Note: We only use Young Living essential oils in our recipes because they are the only ones we trust in our homes. Find out how to buy the essential oils at wholesale pricing (24% off the retail prices!) )
So, let’s talk fun gifts for your family and friends who enjoy taking baths — Bath Salts are the perfect thing!
Let’s talk Epsom Salts
First of all, epsom salts are incredible beneficial for the body. The main ingredient in epsom salts is magnesium, a mineral our body desperately need.
Magnesium helps regulate more than 325 enzymes and “performs a vital role in orchestrating many bodily functions, from muscle control and electrical impulses to energy production and the elimination of harmful toxins.” (Universal Health Institute.)
Other benefits (just to name a few…) are:
- Ease stress and improves sleep and concentration
- Help muscles and nerves function properly
- Regulate activity of 325+ enzymes
- Help prevent artery hardening and blood clots
- Make insulin more effective
- Reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps.
- Improve oxygen use
AND, researchers have also discovered the best way to get enzymes into your body if via the skin and soaking!
(This information also comes from the report from Universal Health Institute. You can read the report for yourself here. Definitely worth the read!)
Tailor-Made Bath Salts
And, when you add Young Living essential oils, you can pick and choose the perfect mixture of oils to make your gift especially thoughtful, creating the perfect blend for them!
Begin by assessing the person’s needs. There are so many different types of bath salts you can create. I regularly have four jars of pre-made bath salts in my own linen closet. That way, when it is time to take a bath (and I regularly do), I select the bath “theme” I need and choose the salt that will fit it.
I have bath salts for: relaxation, energy, manifesting and immune support. I will share my recipes, but know you can be creative! I keep it to 12-15 drops of oil per two cups of salt and then use 1 cup of the oil-infused salt per bath.
I use 2 cup ball jars for my salts. I begin by adding 1 cup of salt then half of the essential oils. Then I pour in the rest of the salt and the rest of the oils. This helps the mixing process. Then I shake and shake and shake. It takes significantly more shaking of the jar than you would think it would!
- 10 drops Young Living Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 drops Young Living Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 2 cups Epsom Salts
- 7 drops Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil
- 7 drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 cups Epsom Salts
- 10 drops Young Living Thieves Essential Oil Blend
- 5 drops Young Living Lemon or Grapefruit Essential Oil
I believe I should preface this section by saying I am a Life Coach and have been one for over 25 years. I LOVE Young Living’s oils for helping you step into a larger life. Since there are so many, it will warrant a whole new post! I’ll just share my favorites!
- 2 drops Young Living Believe Essential Oil Blend
- 2 drops Young Living Highest Potential Essential Oil Blend
- 8 drops: Magnify Your Purpose, Abundance, Oola Finance, Oola Field, Awaken OR Into the Future
You see what I mean!! Each of these oils is powerful and awesome. I will post all of their uses in another post. I do always add Believe (you have to believe it is possible) and Highest Potential (anything you want to create must be living up to your Highest Potential) to any manifesting blend.
Here’s my Periscope I did on Bath Salts.
Keep checking back! We will be posting more DIY gift ideas here and Periscoping about them: @SerendipityOils.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils:
- Join our Sharing Essential Oils with Simply Serendipity Facebook group to connect with us and others around the oils. We share tips, posts, DIY ideas and more!
- Find out how to buy the essential oils at wholesale pricing (24% off the retail prices!)
Laura Erdman-Luntz: My life’s purpose is to inspire people to live their Extraordinary Lives, that life that is deeply fulfilling, full of purpose and vibrantly joyful for you!
Email me if you would like to join my team.