(Note: If you don’t yet know what Essential Oils are and why we in the world are singing their praises, go here.)
(Now, remember your WISH LIST! If Relaxation and/or is on it — or you are adding it now — be sure to add the products you find intriguing as you go along.)
Now let’s get going….
How is your sleep? Do you fall asleep easily? Fall back to sleep easily if you awake in the night? Is your sleep high quality so you wake up feeling well-rested?
Occasional sleeplessness? Anyone? Anyone? OMGoodness, YES!!
Life these days is moving at such a fast pace. We are constantly moving, doing things, feeling time pressures, deadlines. At the same time, our phones keep us tapped in so we can’t get away for a full break.
Doesn’t really take a rocket scientist to figure out why we don’t always sleep like a rock. We need something to slow our bodies and our minds down.
In comes essential oils, like a knight in shining armor on a white horse (can’t you hear the music?).
Oil-Infused Products: Oh, how I love BOTH of these products! I keep both on my shelf … just in case. They both contain melatonin, a hormone well-known for its ability to help us sleep yet is non-habit forming.
- SleepEssence: Combines a bevy of oils known to help the body relax: Lavender, Vetiver (I like to call this “earth in a bottle”, it is so grounding!), Valerian and Ruta Graveolens along with melatonin.
- ImmuPro: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product! It is NingXia Wolfberry-based (read our previous post for info on that!) and it contains melatonin. It was originally formulated to give us that extra support when we are feeling stressed and run down. A good night’s sleep gives our immune system an opportunity to rejuvenate. I like to travel with this product. Traveling is exhausting, stressful to the entire system, and I can always use a little help sleeping when I am away from home.
- Cortistop: I decided to let Young Living describe this supplement because I wasn’t sure what to say! “CortiStop® Women’s is a proprietary dietary supplement designed to help the body maintain its natural balance and harmony.* When under stress, the body produces cortisol. When cortisol is produced too frequently, it can have negative health consequences such as feelings of fatigue, difficulty maintaining healthy weight, and difficulty maintaining optimal health of cardiovascular systems. CortiStop supports the glandular systems of women.*” Too much cortisol is a problem many women have!
Essential Oils: Honestly, there are even MORE oils you could use for relaxation.
- Lavender Essential Oil**: Do I even need to say anything here? Yes, I do. It is the “Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils. Not sure what oil to use? Try lavender!
- Stress Away**: (and as a Roll on): I had to mention this oil. Not only is it a favorite, it is in the Starter Kit! With Lime and Copaiba, the smell is amazing.
- Valor Essential Oil Blend (or Valor II): Ever have the feeling you are being pulled in 12 directions? “Oh, I need to do this. Oh, wait, I need to do that. Oh, I forgot, I am in the middle of this.” Oh, you so know what I mean! (Can I add, this usually applies more to women than men, but I’m sure there are men out there who feel this way, too!) This oils takes all of our scatteredness and grounds us in our feet. I like to rub it on my feet before bed. (And this oil blend is also known for bolstering courage and confidence, in case you need those!)
- Cedarwood Essential Oil: Then, when you get into bed with all of this mental clutter, you can’t even begin to quiet that ever-so-busy brain down. Cedarwood is your oil! Place a drop on the back of your neck or diffuse it. It is seriously like magic! My daughter, a high school student, uses it before bed to calm her mind for sleep.
- RutaVaLa Essential Oil Blend (And as a roll on.): A powerful combo of several, magical oils: Ruta Graveolens, Valerian and Lavender. I prefer the roll on. I use it before bed when I am extra ramped up.
** Items that come in the Premium Starter Kit.
Hey, are you ready?: Do you have your oils Starter Kit yet? If you don’t, are you ready? If so, go back to the person who referred you to this course OR click here to get your kit ordered! A member of our team will personally contact you in a couple of days to welcome you!
Today’s Recipe: Lavender Linen Spray, a lovely gift for yourself!
Simple Solutions: Relaxation & Sleep - ahhhh....
- 4+ drops Lavender Essential Oil Add more or less to find the strength of aroma you enjoy.
- 2 oz Vodka or Witch Hazel (opt) These ingredients keep the oil disbursed in the spray. Alternatively, you can be sure so shake the spray well before each use.
- 2 oz Distilled Water