Enjoy the entire Switch to Safer series!
Your kid touches something on the ground. Ew. So, you instinctively reach for your hand soap if you’re at home or your hand sanitizer if you’re out and about. So do I. But, what if that hand soap or hand sanitizer is actually more dangerous than whatever was on the ground?
What to avoid:
- Fragrance is a human immune toxicant / allergen. It can be VERY toxic and dangerous.
- DMDM Hydantoin has a potential link to cancer and contamination. It is also a formaldehyde releaser, which means as it releases formaldehyde as it breaks down.
- Methylisothiazolinone is toxic to the nervous system.
- All of the above ingredients are commonly found in foaming hand soap products and rate a 7-8 on the Skin Deep Scale (which ranges from 1-10 with 1 being very clean and safe to use and 10 being really, really bad).
Switch to Safer: Thieves or Lavender Foaming Hand Soap
- Safe ingredients! (Including aloe and vitamin E)
- Doesn’t leave your hands dried out in the winter (yay!)
- Contains Lavender Essential Oil, a calming oil commonly found in Young Living skin care products.
- It’s completely safe! Not a drop of sulfates, dyes, synthetic fragrances, or harsh chemicals.
- It contains Thieves Essential Oil, which supports the immune system!
- It ingredients also includes Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, and Rosemary Essential Oils. All of which are in Young Living’s vitality line, so they are safe to ingest. (Technically, you could eat the soap!)
What to avoid:
- They use fragrances – which is always filled with chemicals.
- They use dangerous chemicals/toxins to make the alcohol non-alcoholic.
- They contain Triclosan. According to the Mayo Clinic, Triclosan may “alter hormone regulation in animals, might contribute to the development of anitbiotic-resistent germs” and “might be harmful to the immune system.” Scary, right?
Switch to Safer: Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier
- Contains Thieves Essential Oil, which supports the immune system!
- Uses Peppermint Essential Oil to made the alcohol non-alcoholic, instead of harsh chemicals. (Peppermint is even safe to ingest!)
- No Triclosan! Which I think is reason enough to switch over considering how bad it is! (LINK)
Ready to take the next step?
- Take our FREE E-course to learn how essential oils could JUST be the simple solution to your common concerns! Simple Solutions to 10 Common Concerns.
- Like our Facebook page. Simply Serendipity Central.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24 % off retail prices!